Lots of talk about diversity these days, but you may be wondering if it’s for you. I’ve created a short cheat sheet to help you decide if there might be any benefits to creating more diversity in your team or company:
1. You already have diversity handled. You’ve checked all the boxes and have at least one of every demographic with legal ramifications.
2. You find differing facts, perspectives, and ideas to be distracting. You continue making the same decisions you’ve always made while waiting for this whole “innovation” fad to pass.
3. You’ve branded yourself as the “buggy whip manufacturer of [your industry].” You view falling hopelessly behind as adhering to tradition and you’re ok riding tradition right into the ground.
4. You hate all the challenges caused by people who are different from each other. Some days it actually forces you to manage people or even (gulp!) lead them.
5. You see no connection between performance, innovation, creativity, and differing perspectives.
6. Every single customer and potential customer has the EXACT same thoughts, concerns, problems, and needs as you.
7. You are so fantastically awesome that the only way you could get better is to surround yourself with people EXACTLY like you.
Any other reasons I should add?
LOL … can you get any more tongue in cheek on this one??
Glad you enjoyed. Sometimes pushing things to the ridiculous helps clarify. Sometimes it’s just fun 🙂